Thursday, November 4, 2010

Who would have thought...

Today I interviewed for an internship with Scripps network. My first choice of which channel to work for was Travel channel. The interviewer asked me if I had an understanding of other cultures and if I had developed any sensitivity to them. I was actually able to use this class as an example!

I told her I have been in a lecture/discussion class about multi-ethnic reporting. I explained to her how this class has taught me to be more sensitive to how the media portrays minority groups in a socio-politic-economical view point. She was really impressed by how well I was able to articulate the ideas of cross-cultural journalism.

It made me realize that I am actually learning from this class!

And even if I had known all of this before, at least now I have a credible background in it =)

No comments:

Post a Comment